Updating ST5000 Software Modules
||Add altboot & hyperterm items
The ST5000 comes pre-loaded with its software modules. The modules are:
- moap.exe - the Mother of All Programs
- st5k_mgr.exe - the manager
- st5k_gml.exe - the General Measurement Loop (samples the hardware)
- st5k_tlm.exe - sends telemetry frames
- st5k_acq.exe - the acquisition task (finds stars)
- st5k_trk.exe - the tracking task
- st5k_lis.exe - Lost in Space - calculates the attitude from the acquisition data
- st5k_pit.exe - Progressive Image Transmission
- st5k_mqs.exe - Message Queue Server (provides POSIX message queue service to the other tasks)
- st5k_mon.exe - Command Monitor (A TCL command interpreter)
- st5k_mon.tcl - Tcl command script to open up multiple command interpreters
If Jeff Percival issues new software, here is how you install it. We'll assume you have the ST5000 executables in a folder on your host computer.
Set the ST5000's IP number to something appropriate for your LAN. See this for details.
- Start Conditions:
- ST5000 connected to GSE Suitcase
- ST5000 off
- ST5000 GSE I/O port connected to PC com port
- Connect the ST5000 to your LAN.
- Boot the ST5000 in "altboot" mode. Press the CPU-reset button, then hold down the "escape" button until the first burst of clicking noises stops.
- On your PC, start an ftp session:
# ftp st5000-ip-number (log in as st5k)
> cd /home/st5k
> binary (selects binary (raw data) transfers)
> prompt (turns off interactive mode)
> mdelete *.exe
> mput *.exe
- Disconnect the ST5000 from your LAN.
- Connect to the comm port using a terminal program, such as Hyperterm.
- In hyperterm, type these commands:
# cd /home/st5k
# sh chmod.sh
- Do an orderly shutdown:
# shutdown -b
- Turn off the ST5000.